Skill Development Plans
Would you like to be more independent in tasks that are currently challenging, or have a loved one you would like to assist with development of a particular skill? Skill Development Plans involve a functional analysis of how you’re currently participating in the selected area for skill development and can involve daily living skills training for clients and carers, and/or recommendations regarding equipment or aids to assist clients’ to become as independent as possible.
Common areas targeted for skill development include:
- Self care activities: toileting, showering, grooming
- Meal preparation and cooking skill development
- Domestic activities: cleaning, gardening
- Accessing the community: public transport training
- Leisure activity participation: adaptive solutions to meet your personalised leisure requirements